Last week, I went to Florida to visit a friend who is volunteering there for a year. While there I laid on the beach, drank margaritas, picked cucumbers for the food bank, went to a Reggae music festival, and had had brunch all while keeping the waste to a minimum. Check out the video below if you’d like to hear me chat about everything I brought and actually used in Florida. If you’d just like a simplified list, then scroll down.
There is one item that I totally forgot to mention in the video, but that I took with me everywhere. My stainless steel water bottle! It is such a part of my daily routine that I don’t even think about it, but it was a definite necessity during the trip.
My total trash count for 5 days:
3 limes, a paper liner from a bowl of chips, a wrist band, a pair of vinyl gloves, and a receipt.
What I brought to keep it waste free:
- Bamboo Toothbrush: Bought here
- Toothpaste: Recipe here
- Conditioner: Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water in a spray bottle
- Shampoo: J. R. Liggett’s Shampoo Bar stored in a reused metal tin
- Body/Face Wash: Bar of soap stored in a reused metal tin
- Lotion: Made from coconut oil, olive oil, beeswax, and coco butter
- Makeup Remover: Lotion with small pieces of fabric from old cotton T-shirts
- Eyeliner: Bought here
- Mascara: Bought here
- RMS Beauty “Un” Cover -Up: Bought here
- Snack Bags: Bought here
- Multiple purses and tote bags
- Bamboo Utensils: Bought here
- Stainless Steel Straw: Bought here
- Stainless Steel Cup: Bought here
- Two-Tiered Tiffin: Bought here
- Metal Water Bottle: Bought here
This list doesn’t include any of the clothing that I wore or any of the other items that I may have brought, this simply is a list of items that helped me stay as zero waste as possible while on vacation for 5 days.
2 thoughts on “What I Took on My 5 Day Trip”